1 Bag refrigerated whole wheat pizza dough (I used Trader Joe's)
1/2 14 oz. Jar of Ragu pizza sauce
1 8 oz. Bag of shredded cheese (I like the pizza blends but, plain mozzarella would do)
1 Chicken breast, boneless, skinless
1/4 tsp. Basil
1/4 tsp. Oregano
3 Baby bella mushrooms
1 Roma tomato
Whole wheat flour
Baking sheet or pizza stone
- Cook the chicken breast with a little seasoning. I find that steaming it in a covered pan works well. It doesn't require any added fat and it pulls apart nicely when it's done.
- Pre-heat the oven to the temperature indicated on the pizza dough bag.
- Follow the directions on the bag of pizza dough to prepare the dough. I had a trouble getting the dough to stretch out the way I wanted without tearing holes in it until I found this video...
He show's how to make a round crust, but I used this technique to make a rectangular one.
- If you're using a baking sheet and you're not sure of it's non stick ability then spray with cooking spray.
- Place the stretched dough onto the baking sheet.
- By now your chicken breast should have cooled enough to cut up into small pieces. You can make the pieces whatever size you like for your topping but I find smaller is better.
- Place the cut up chicken in a bowl.
- Chop the tomato, mushrooms and avocado and add to the chicken and set aside.
- Use a large spoon to spread the pizza sauce over the crust.
- Add the cheese, spreading it as evenly as you can over the pizza sauce.
- Add your other toppings, making sure to cover all but the raised edges.
- Place the pizza into your pre-heated oven and bake for the recommended time.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool 10 - 15 minutes.
Slice and enjoy!