1 butternut squash
non-stick cooking spray
9"x13" baking dish
- Pre-heat oven to 400 deg.
- Spray the baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Cut the squash in half length wise
- Scoop out the seeds
- Lay the squash halves in the baking dish, cut side down
- Bake for 50 minutes
- Remove from oven an allow to cool for about 10 minutes
- Cut into serving size pieces
I recommend cutting each half of the butternut squash in half cross wise. You could also to length wise if you prefer. The acorn squash cuts nicely into quarters, cutting each cooked half in half from top to bottom.
Once the squash it cut into servings you can store any pieces you're not ready to eat right away in the fridge. Squash is a vegetable that reheats very nicely. I like to put pieces in a bowl or on a plate in the microwave. I then heat them on high in three or four 30 second intervals.