Chicken carcass - 4- 5lb chicken
1 Onion, sliced
1 Carrot, sliced
2 Stalks celery, cut in pieces
1 Tsp. Ground pepper
6 Cups water
- Break the chicken carcass into large pieces as need to fit in your slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 24 hours.
- Set a colander over a large bowl, ideally one that has a cover.
- Pour the contents of the slow cooker into the colander.
- The liquid in the bowl is your soup stock.
- Toss out what remains in the colander.
- Serve immediately with your favorite additions and/or cover the bowl and refrigerate for later.